Why should you study in Australia?


There are great advantages of studying in Australia and having a student visa for Australia. Not only are you able to study in Australia and gain a new life experience, but student visa for Australia also gives you the opportunity to work up to 40 hours in the period of two weeks, and working unlimited period of time during breaks.

With a student visa for Australia, you are also allowed to travel outside Australia and visit surrounding countries if you wish, and return as many times as you want while the visa is still valid.

Students from all over the world study in Australia and it is very easy to get in touch with people from different cultures. Understanding different cultures, and in particular live and work in a multicultural environment, contributes to broadening the views, acquiring tolerance and learning intercultural communication. All these aspects are very important for further personal and professional growth of each individual.

You can also bring members of your family to Australia, by including them in your application or adding them at a later stage.


Enrolment in courses or study programmes

If you have any questions or need help finding and enrolling in the course or study programme, preparing your application and accompanying visa documentation, or consulting about your options, feel free to contact us.

We have partnerships with many educational institutions in Australia.

Besides our migration agent and education agent who works from overseas, at this moment, we also have an office in Brisbane an education agent who works from Brisbane in Australia.


Popularity of studies in Australia

More and more people are choosing to apply for a student Visa for Australia. This isn’t surprising when you consider that 8 out of 100 top universities in the world are Australian. With its 1,100 institutions that offer around 22,000 courses, Australia is the 3rd most popular international student destination.

As of December 2014, visas for Australia are issued electronically and are linked to your passport, which means you will not get a label in the passport.

Before applying for a Student visa for Australia, it is mandatory to provide the COE (Confirmation of Enrolment) that certifies your enrollment in a course.


How much does the student Visa for Australia cost?

The student visa for Australia application costs are currently AUD$575, whether you are in Australia or outside when applying. Please, note that the cost of your visa application will be higher if your eligible family members accompany you to Australia.

Keep in mind that the above mentioned costs do not include other costs you might also have to cover such as health examination, various certificates and other documents, as well as services of the registered migration agent.

If you need to extend the student visa to continue your studies, you can request a visa extension in order to get another Student visa. Student visa extension fees are also AUD$575, but this amount may be higher depending on how many times and from where you apply for a student visa for Australia.



How long does the student visa for Australia take to get?

The student visa for Australia processing times vary from 7 to 86 days.

This type of visa can be associated with different study courses and sectors such as:

– linguistics (General English Course, IELTS and Cambridge preparation, etc.);

– professional (VET courses, Vocational Education & Training);

– university (Bachelor degree, Master and PhD) etc.

Depending on a study sector you choose, your Student visa’s processing time may vary. Below you may find a table showing the processing time for visa applications depending on the selected study sector.


Study sector Processing time Processing time
Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector 75% of applications are processed in 16 days 90% of applications are processed in 30 days
Postgraduate Research Sector 75% of applications in 51 days 90% of applications in 86 days
Non-Award Sector 75% of applications in 7 days 79% of applications in 22 days
School Sector 75% of applications in 35 days 90% of applications in 64 days
Independent ELICOS Sector 75% of applications in 23 days 90% of applications in 46 days
Vocational Education and Training Sector 75% of applications in 45 days 90% of applications in 56 days
Higher Education Sector 75% of applications in 42 days 90% of applications in 48 days


In order to avoid longer application process, make sure to prepare all requested documents and information.


How long can you stay?

The student Visa for Australia allows you to stay in Australia for the entire period in which you are enrolled in the course or until the date your visa is granted. Since it is a temporary visa, the grant period depends on the type of course and its length.

You can extend it more than once, but always related with a particular course.


Studying in Australia with a visitor visa

Do you know that you can study in Australia with a visitor visa? Visitor visas for Australia entitle visa holders to study.

For more information, feel free to contact us.


Consultation for an student visa for Australia

We provide various services, among others, consultations for Australian visas.

If you want to work on your student visa application for Australia or any other Australian visa by yourself, and you want to keep the costs as low as possible, but you still need professional help, then the consultation is your best option.

During consultations we can answer all your questions, check all your documentation, we can advise you to attach additional documentation, if necessary, and review your application.


You can contact us by e-mail at info@baxvel.com or by phone at +381 63 778 3504 or via Viber at +61 423 706 205.

Vera Radisavljevic

Registered Migration Agent
Australian Solicitor
MARN 1681254

Disclaimer: Your use of the above text or the receipt of any information from this article or website www.baxvel.com is not intended to create nor does it create a solicitor (migration agent) – client relationship between you and the writer (Vera Radisavljevic and/or Baxvel Pty Ltd) and it is not an immigration advice.

Recent posts